Cashing in on the trend of wearable computing devices, a small startup is trying to raise funding to mass produce the Smarty Ring. Similar to a smartwatch, except with a much smaller display, the Bluetooth-enabled ring allows users to check smartphone alerts, and manage incoming and outgoing calls via its touch LED display. It works […]
SATechReview.com brings together global and local in-depth IT and business analyses, delivering constant news coverage and analysis on the trends, technologies and opportunities that matter to IT professionals, Savvy Users , Entrepreneurs, Politicians and Decision makers. Whatever your role in the Information Technology, Business or Politics, SATechReview provides support across the broad spectrum of IT, […]
South African Business Advertising and Business Directory, ZarBusiness.com is a central database of businesses in Africa more specifically; South Africa. Allowing users the ability to quickly search for any business in South Africa as well as benefiting the business owner/marketer with a quick and hustle-free way to advertise their business or client. If you’ve just […]
Within weeks of the Android 4.4.1 update rolling out to Nexus 5 smartphones, Google has now started rolling out a new update dubbed Android 4.4.2 for the Nexus devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10). The Android 4.4.2 update comes with build number KOT49H and is supposedly a minor update for the […]
Google has updated its Google Maps service with a new feature that allows users to build their own Street View map of a location, by using Android photo sphere or a DSLR. As per Google, users can now take the help of a new feature in Views community to connect their photo spheres to create […]
Qualcomm has announced its new 64-bit mobile chipset, the Snapdragon 410, which is targeted at entry-level smartphones. As per Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 410 processor can be expected to go under sampling in the first half of 2014 and will likely be in commercial devices by the second half of 2014. The latest Snapdragon 410 processors […]
Facebook is considering giving its users a less cheery alternative to the ‘like’ option: a ‘sympathise’ button. Many people come across a sad status update from a friend while browsing the popular social networking site – that they have been fired; they have had a death in the family; some unfortunate event or may be […]
With the increased availability of broadband access, more affordable data costs offered by mobile operators and the consistent development of mobile devices, online shopping is gaining great traction in Sub-Saharan Africa. Fatima Sullivan, Head of Retail at DHL Express Sub-Saharan Africa (http://www.dhl.com) says that with the upcoming festive season fast approaching, consumers are increasingly choosing […]
Asus is all geared up to launch its next smartphone-tablet hybrid in Taiwan, as the alleged Padfone Mini’s render, specifications and launch date have been leaked. The rumoured Padfone Mini was been leaked via an unofficial press render. The leaked press render comes courtesy phone tipster, @evleaks who posted the image on Twitter and writes, […]
Explore the great online with this awesome Christmas Promotion from the team at ESET – they’re offering ESET Smart Security + ESET Mobile Security for as little as R349!(1 User, 1 Year) This bundle of products is called the ESET Multi-Device Security Pack can offers great savings for up to 5 devices. Easily Manage Your […]
RIP Madiba (1918 – 2013)
Articles To Consider Reading
Founder – Digital Street SA
Name: Lawrence Jugmohan
Location: Durban, SA
Occupation: Student (BSc I.T)
- Central Applications Office (CAO) – 2014 Applications Now Open! March 1, 2013
- R Kelly set to perform in South Africa January 24, 2013
- R.Kelly South African Tour January 29, 2013
- WWE Live World Tour returns to South Africa – 2013 February 25, 2013
- NSC Supplementary Exam Timetable 2013 January 12, 2013
- Smarty Ring – The smartwatch for your finger December 11, 2013
- Technology, Business and Politics Commentary with SA Tech Review December 11, 2013
- Free Business Advertising in South Africa with ZarBusiness.com December 11, 2013
- Nexus receives Android 4.4.2 KitKat update December 11, 2013
- Create your own street views with Google Maps December 11, 2013
- Lawrence: Hi Toni, Please send this query to http://help.vo...
- Toni Brockhoven: hi my mother deleted the gift sms 'because she di...
- Lawrence: Hi Kathy, Unfortunately not as yet....
- Kathy Jacobs: Is there a similar gadget for Android?...
- Sam Murray: I will be interested to see how the smaller chip r...